Thursday 23 September 2010

British Waterways

Addition of a new colour 'Lemon yellow' to my palatte has done wonders to my greens which are now brighter and more vibrant, very suitable for depicting summer foliage. It can be seen in my 'twin' paintings here where two thirds of the composition are foliage!

I came across these two identical scenes in our recent visits to Wales and Watford(just outside London). The first one is Llangollen canal (North Wales) on which boats take people onto the famous Pontcysyllte Aqueduct. We were taken to this lovely scene by our friends Latha and Sanjeev when we visited them in Chester in August.

Llangollen Canal in Wales


In my painting, I let the sky in a lot more than in the photo.


 The second one is the waterway at the Cassiopark near Watford where we spent a relaxed evening with our lovely hosts Kelvin (Sky News) and Sarah last month. The sprawling park was just a stone's throw from Kelvin's house. Both of the amazing canal scenes shrouded in foliage inspired me to experiment with my greens and I was thrilled to see the range of shades of green I could come out with the use of the new colour Lemon Yellow!
Grand Union Canal in Cassiopark near Watford
My painting closely adheres to the photo mostly!

Some photos of our visits are here to recall the mood and atmosphere of these two beautiful scenes! Thanks for viewing!


With Latha and Sanjeev at Llangellan Canal

Another view of the Llangellan Canal


With the family of Kelvin in Cassiobury Park
Boats in Grand Union canal in Cassiobury Park
Have a nice day!















No comments:

Post a Comment